4 days between the Apuan and Garfagnana
- Duration: long weekend with arrival on Thursday and departure on Sunday
- Recommended period: from May to October
- Availability: on request minimum 8 participants
The package includes:
- Welcome Cocktail;
- Accommodation in Classic double or twin room;
- 3 buffet breakfasts served by the hotel staff;
- 3 Tasting dinners with typical local products
- Entrance with guided tour at the Quarry in the Fantiscritti gallery
- Optional entrance with the motorbike inside the Fantiscritti Quarry
- Tour with Land Rover Defender to the marble quarries of Carrara
- Lunch in a restaurant in Colonnata, the town of Lardo ( lard )
- Entrance with guided tour of the ArchaeoPark Fortezza delle Verrucole
- Entrance with guided tour of the Grotta del Vento
- Lunch in a typical restaurant in Castelnuovo Garfagnana
- Motorradtoskana.it escort / staff during the tours
Departure of the tour “La Garfagnana” at 9 and return in the evening.
Garfagnana: literally Great Forest, this is how this valley appeared to its first visitors and still today we are
amazed by the luxuriant extension of its woods. Planted by man, cared for and cultivated the chestnut tree
up to 1000 meters above sea level, wild, intricate, infinite beech ones that go high, over 1700 meters, try to
recapture the bare peaks of the mountains.
In this immense green mass appear, almost suddenly perched on a hill, lying on the plateaus that slope down
towards the river, overlooking vertiginous rocky walls, the numerous, small inhabited centers that characterize the
valley. Between the narrow driveways, inside the medieval defensive walls, time passes slowly; the “shops” have
an ancient scent, the rhythms are those of other times, everywhere you stay immersed in the flavors of tradition.
Our weekend in Garfagnana will begin with a visit to the Verrucole Fortress, guarding the territories in the Middle
Ages, today it is an Archeopark that will make you live in the past. With our motorcycles we will cross the
Orecchiella Park and then arrive in Castelnuovo Garfagnana, the vital center of the valley, where we will have
lunch in one of the small typical places of the historic center. Immediately after lunch, the Grotta del Vento awaits
us, the first visit of the weekend inside the Apuan Alps.
Departure of the tour “La via del marmo” at 9 am and return in the evening A tour dedicated entirely to the marble of the Apuan Alps. A Saturday that will take us to visit abandoned quarries and those in activity, a little in Garfagnana and a little in Carrara. The history of the White Marble experienced inside and outside the mountain. The itinerary starts in the morning with a visit to an abandoned quarry in Garfagnana and after crossing the Apuan Alps we will reach Carrara to visit with a Land Rover Defender the quarries in activity in the open air. Lunch in the village of Lardo di Colonnata and in the afternoon we enter the heart of the Fantiscritti mountains on our own motorbike or by minibus.
Experience the other Tuscany by motorbike.
The passion and experience gained in recent years has always leads us in search of different views and landscapes to offer: a valley to explore “on tiptoe”, but always seeing everything from a “different angle”. Thanks to the considerable and growing interest in these activities, we have created numerous proposals, ranging from off-road to bituminous to simple Tours on asphalt roads. We have identified a whole series of routes that can be taken with us, customising and organising events for companies in the motorbike world and rallies for motorbike clubs and groups of friends. Off-road excursions, with particular attention to Maxi-enduros, are carried out among the most beautiful and challenging routes in the High Garfagnana, the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines and the Apuan Alps. All the roads that we go to travel are authorized to transit ONLY with a specific request to the authorities responsible for protecting the environment.
Years on the bike and attention to the advice of our customers-motocyclists have led us to think of services and furnishings designed specifically for the needs of fans of two wheels:
- Large private parking with video surveillance
- A private garage with video surveillance
- Workshop equipped for small and medium repairs
- Pressure washer for washing motorbikes
- Motorbike recovery with Nissan Pick-up
- Agreements with local dealers and mechanics for spare parts and repairs
- Free WIFI
- Storage room for helmets and technical clothing
- Info Point
- Specialized magazines
- 2 Swimming pools with solarium terrace for relaxation after the tour (open from June to September)
The packages are designed for groups of motorcyclists who like to use their motorbikes to discover the most hidden and exciting corners of Tuscany.
When defining and accepting the travel contract, it is necessary to indicate the presence of people requiring special diets or with reduced mobility in order to be able to verify the services and the possibility of assistance.
The price includes
Methods of payment
- DEPOSIT: € ___, within 7 days of enrolment
- BALANCE: no later than 21 days before the date of departure: € ___, by ___________
CANCELLATION BY THE TRAVELLER:
FOR ANY VOLUNTARY CANCELLATIONS THE FOLLOWING PENALTIES WILL APPLY:
- CANCELLATIONS UP TO 15 DAYS BEFORE DEPARTURE: 50% PENALTY
- CANCELLATIONS FROM 14 DAYS PRIOR TO DEPARTURE: 100% CANCELLATION FEE
CANCELLATION WITHOUT PENALTY: within ___________
Book A Holiday Idea
TOUR 4 days/3 nights
Period 01.05.2021 / 15.10.2021